Saturday, July 23, 2011

About Me


I’m a chick with a large family and loves reading, books, school, my pets (more on that later, I’m sure), good beer and excellent pubs (not bars), the interwebs, living in my own head (more on that eventually, I’m also sure), and…well, customer service.  The Books, the School, and, most importantly, the Customer Service* got me into this.  I am a Voracious Reader ( the caps on this mean a lot), have my own burgeoning collection of first editions I care for more tenderly than I would a newborn baby/kitten, and my Need for school persuaded me to Library School.  Thus I went; whence I found my current career.  One of my best friends told me I live in my own “cartoon world”, so if what I say doesn’t make sense, deal with it…it makes sense to me. 

Trained as a Clasiscist.  For you born north of the 1800s, that means Latin ‘n’ Greek ‘n’ Ancient Rome ‘n’ stuff.  Classics school damned near broke me (surprisingly cutthroat…and all I wanted to do was translate forever), so I took a few years, worked my ass off at the best job I’ve ever had**, then became disillusioned and went back to Library School full time.  Got totally poor working two jobs that didn’t quite make it, randomly applied for this one.  Epically failed first interview; nailed the second one. 

School is theory, the economy is uber-tight, and I’m damned lucky to have decent work as a, get this, Librarian.  I knew nothing in a library setting except checking books in and out and inter-library loan…and these are the two things I don’t do at this job.  Learning experience, definitely.  Career move?  YES.

Really About Me:  I’m a Scorpio through and through.  I love pizza and beer.  And I LOVE my birthday (so if I ever get popular and obtain a lot of readers, wish me a happy birthday).  Did I mention that I love my pets?  Oh, and I live off of the printed word and Netflix.  Have a sick obsession with Netflix.  As in, I don’t get sleep if there’s a series to be watched that’s streaming…and a series watched via discs in the mail is simultaneously disappointing and sooooo sweet.

~~~
*Also, random punctuation/capitalization  (and parantheses and the inability to stop all three) will appear constantly.  Cf., Disclaimer and Real Disclaimer.
**It may ever live on as Best Job, but this one will give it a run for its money, so to speak.  (Pay’s better at this one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment