Friday, July 13, 2012

STRESS

First off, I lost more than half my workers (which has always been less than what I was supposed to hire) in less than seven days.  Given as such, my library has been somehow surviving with one exceptional worker, one significantly less than exceptional worker, and me.  For the past two weeks.  My one Good Worker, and I, are nothing but efficient.  Honestly, I've seen him work three stations at once (and when we're understaffed, we only have two...that's how good he is).  And then he decided to be very vocal today about how he's been "working his ass off" even though I knew, he knew, everybody knew, that it's been the slowest week EVAR at the library.  Whatever, dick.  You KNEW it was going to be the slowest week of the next 3 months and you complain?  Better consider yourself lucky that you're my Best Employee and I can TRUST you to explain how shit works around here.

Anyway, other that reading waaaaaaaay too much urban lit, that's all I have to say.

Although, check out Ice-T's memoir.  It's called Ice. It's surprisingly good and in his voice, even thought he used a ghost writer.  Seriously, check it out.  If you know him from only one thing, it will totally open your eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment