Thursday, September 1, 2011

Too Much James Patterson...

...rots the brain.  That's the reason there haven't been any Readers' Advisory updates - because all I've been reading is James Patterson and nothing has been recommendable until Kiss the Girls, which I finished this morning.  However, I'm pretty sure that everyone who's literate and over the age of 14 has read this, or seen the movie, and I am not planning on reviewing it (although I probably should to keep in practice).

Meant to post last week, because last week was a Week of Firsts for me.  First full week of open library hours, first purchases delivered, first random staff drug screening.  That last one is the event that really stands out because it was totally awkward.  Dear Boss, when you tell me to go to this one room at this one time and I have to SHUT DOWN THE LIBRARY TO DO THIS, I really wish policy would let you tell me not to pee before I go there.  My workers were cool with my delay, though, so it's all good.

This week has been all about getting my Monthly Report in on time (got it in early!), ridding my office out of the 10 bajillion books that are laying about (New Books, Repairs, and Random Piles Left to Me That Are Not Labeled), and compiling worker schedules/duties...oh AND working on my budget.  I can't wait until I go to the budget meeting and everyone's like, "Why do you need these not-quite-super-swanky baskets and little drawers and scotch tape?"  And I get to reply (in a professional manner), "Have you seen my supplies cabinet?  No?  Go find me my 2-inch clear book repair tape with the peel-off backing in less than 2 minutes and then tell me I don't need hundreds of dollars of organizational supplies.  Oh, and did I mention that we're down to our last two half-rolls of scotch tape and I won't be able to buy any more for at least a month?"  Yes, I like to be organized where I work.

Two final notes: 
  1. I love my job.
  2. I am quickly learning to hate covering paperback books.
Next week?  Developing policy.  Should be fun.  Have some ideas already.

No comments:

Post a Comment