Friday, June 1, 2012

Barely Broken In

My boyfriend recently gave me shit for not posting more often.  I'VE BEEN BUSY, DARN IT!.

Work, Classes, Finding Time for Myself, Lack of a Fan Base Because I Haven't Made This A Web Comic.  Forgive me!  Busy!  Especially in the last 3 months.  Good lord...

It finally occurred to me tonight, despite my subconscious leanings, that I am still just being broken in to running my own library.  I can get the day-to-day and the week-to-week and the month-to-month down, but if anything bigger than that throws a wrench into the works, I am confused, frantic, and lost.  For example, my Book Inventory, the process of determining which of my printed holdings I still have in my library's possession and which have been stolen, lost, etc., was due in April.  I finished it in May and finalized it in June.  Mostly due to the fact that I was completely unprepared for annual events in my first 12 months and then decided that I was going to weed as I performed the Inventory.  Whatever.  Nuts and Bolts. 

I finally somewhat caught up (mostly because I stopped weeding due to forces I will explain at a much later date), and then day-to-day and week-to-week caught up with me...effectively killing two days (also due to exhaustion from a skewed sleep schedule which left me unable to focus after 9 am).  AND THEN on the first day of the month, June 1st, my Boss asks me to take care of 2 projects. 

2 Projects, 1 of which should be completed in a month; an Inventory; 200 books to process, which should start appearing in 5 days; Repairs (bane of my existence, but NEED to be done...with my budget); all the books to be "reviewed" (read: read) when they're delivered, ...etc.

I thought April with its 16 hour days was hell.  I thought May with its 700 repaired books was hell.  June will be hell.

But at least I won't be bored. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment