Wednesday, February 6, 2013

FRIDAY

First off, let me tell you I only went insane twice today.  The first time nobody was around to see it and the second time I just went a little insane, so it's all okay.

FRIDAY.  Friday will be consuming my every waking moment, and possibly my dreams, until Monday or so.  To explain: Yesterday I received word of a bookstore going out of business in my now (ugh) hometown (ugh).  Paperbacks for 25 cents a piece.  SIGN ME UP.  Especially since it doesn't come out of my budget.  Rawk on!

After a call today from one of my colleagues (I couldn't tell her anything because I didn't have any information), and after a call from Lady Boss (first moment of pure insanity/panic), I was told that we are on extremely short notice, everything is totally spur of the moment,everyone is totally unprepared, logistics are a serious problem, I'm responsible for reconnaissance, various people getting into town will, in fact, get lost, and no one knows what's really going on.  Amazing.  Seriously, fantastic.

This is my First Time.  My cherry will be popped on Friday.  I don't know how shit goes down.  So I have a second moment of insanity trying to plan for everything that needs to happen.  This includes timetables, spreadsheets, word documents, planning breakfast (hey, man, I'm friggin' nice to people visiting me) AND I have to clean/organize the house in the case of boxes of books that are, most unfortunately, not mine (mine are all in the closet...no room to store more books there).

So I do my recon.  I totally looked like I was going to rob the place (not that I wouldn't if I thought I could get away with it) since the place was closed, so my headlights were shining into the store and I was all pressed up against the glass whilst I tried to estimate how many paperbacks were on the shelves.

Tomorrow I get to collect boxes, etc. that shouldn't leave the institution, but will, goddammit.  And further recon and planning for Friday means that I get to arrive for work insanely (seems to be the word of the night) early.  Like, 2 hours early.  To make sure Things Get Done and the Library Doesn't Burn Down.

Oh, and did I mention that I have to clean/organize the house in case it becomes Rent-Free-Storage-Unit?  Yeah, and tomorrow's one of my Late Days (get home around 9pm) and I'm going to have to leave super early in order to Get Things Done.  Fantastic.  I'd better get moving.  Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment